Dustin Mauck focuses his practice on copyright, intellectual property, and technology matters. He has experience enforcing and obtaining copyright registrations and has represented clients in trademark, trade secret, patent, and domain name disputes.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law – J.D., cum laude
- Southern Methodist University – B.S., Electrical Engineering – Biomedical Specialization
While in law school, Dustin was a member of the Computer Law Review and Technology Journal. He is admitted to practice in Texas and in numerous Texas Federal Courts. He is also registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- SMU Mustang Club
- SMU Lettermen’s Association Board – President (2020-22)
- Former Co-Chair of Veterans Outreach Subcommittee of the Dallas Bar Association
- Pro Bono Matters for Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) and Veterans Assistance Program
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas” List for Intellectual Property, D Magazine (2018-19)
- “Texas Super Lawyer” in Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters (2019-21)
- “Texas Rising Star” in Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters (2015-17)
- “Outstanding Clinic Attorney Volunteer” for the Veterans Clinic, Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (2017, 2020)
- “DVAP’s Finest” – Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (2016)
Dustin enjoys playing tennis, keeping up with his children’s activities, and supporting SMU sports. Dustin earned All-American honors as a member of the SMU tennis team and twice earned “Player of the Year” honors as a Florida high school tennis player. Dustin married his wife, Katherine Killingsworth, in 2008, and has three sons named, Tucker, Sawyer, and Tanner.